Saturday, October 1, 2011

Men's Beanie

After lotsa practice creating baby-sized beanies, I thought I was ready to make something a little bigger and create a man-sized hat. Admittedly, it was nice to have the recipient's head right beside me as we watched a movie last night, so I could shove the cap on his head after every couple of rows of crochet and see if it was going to fit. The pattern was a free one that I found online.

The end result: the beanie seems a bit too tight for a man-sized head and it worked up more "hole-y" than I wanted it to. I do like how the ridges give it a bit of texture and thickness. In the end, it was a good first attempt and I used up some scraps from my stash, so it was an okay experiment.
(What a handsome model!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...