Thursday, July 10, 2014

Another Finished Project!

It's done!  This is the baby blanket/play mat I started as a distraction during report cards.  I didn't get very far with it until summer vacation started, but it was a great project to bring for a cottage weekend with family.  Mindless, repetitive crochet was a great addition to the weekend.

The blanket measures about 30" by 30."

This was a "just because" blanket.  I had a big ball of yarn and it needed to be made into something beautiful.  Now, some "just because" fancy shots.


I made this blanket last year in creamy white for a friend's little guy.  She says he still loves it...loves running his fingers over the texture of it.  She also informs me it washes up well (washer and dryer friendly).  From what I know about baby things, that's important. ;)


I have another big ball of sunny yellow and another big ball of creamy white.  Anybody want a blanket? I would do a custom order for $40.00.





An up-close shot of the texture (with slightly skewed colour).


Simple tweed-stitch border, finished off with a slip-stitch edge.



Also, just because, I had a great shopping trip to the big Ten Thousand Villages in New Hamburg yesterday.  Check out this beautiful basket I got for our attic hangout space. ($29.00 AND fair trade!)
It's meant to hold blankets, the remote and the cases from whatever DVDs we happen to be watching lately.
Our Christmas afghan became an everyday afghan.  It's just the right colour for our (mostly beige) upper floor.

Basket detail: it's wrapped in recycled sari fabric.

Complements my crafty pillow pretty nicely, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...