Monday, December 28, 2015

Gifted: Play Doughnuts

This year my four-year-old niece got the handmade Christmas gift: doughnuts for dramatic play.  I used the pattern from Lion Brand's site and a variety of yarns from my stash.


They fit perfectly into this dollar-store baking box.


We added some paper coffee cups and empty coffee cans to make the play set complete.


Almost sweet enough to eat?

Simpsons homage. ;)

We paired the doughnuts with the picture book, Please, Mr. Panda.  (Synopsis: Mr. Panda offers all the animals doughnuts, but then keeps changing his mind.  Is there something the animals are forgetting to say?  The illustrations are awesome.)



(Photocred to my brother-in-law.  I forgot to take photos before I wrapped these up, but he was kind enough to send some shots.)

P.S: These are super fun to make.  I had a lot of fun playing with them as I went...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...